Employment with the South Carolina State Transport Police (STP) offers many fantastic opportunities and challenges. If you are looking for a
rewarding, fast paced and exciting career, please read below to find out more about South Carolina’s largest law enforcement agency.
All applicants will begin their application process online at the Jobs.SC.Gov webpage link below. Please familiarize yourself with all of the information, requirements, and standards on this page before you apply. Review every link and gather a complete understanding of the process.
All State Transport Police Officers undergo 15 weeks of intensive training at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy before beginning their law enforcement careers. (3 Weeks if you are currently a Certified SC Law Enforcement Class 1 Officer)
- At least 21 years of age before day one of Basic Training.
- You must have had a valid South Carolina Driver’s License or a valid Driver’s License from your current State.
- US Citizen
- High School Graduate or GED
- 20/20 vision OR no more than 20/100 corrected to 20/20
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD
- Driving Record should be clear of any suspension for the last 5 years as a result of alcoholic beverage or dangerous drug violation, or leaving the scene of an accident. The overall driving record will be evaluated placing emphasis on the severity, date and age, time span, and number of violations accumulated.
- Must be able to perform all of the essential and marginal job functions of a SCDPS Law Enforcement Officer.
Employment Selection Process:
- Apply online at link on bottom of this page, (If application meets all requirements you will be mailed a supplemental application and list of requirements via e-mail). The e-mail will have instructions on where to mail back the supplemental application and requirements. Please start gathering the requirements below and have them ready. Once you receive the request for these and the Supplemental Application, having them ready will speed up the process:
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Certified copy of college transcripts if applicable
- Copy of DD214 if you have served in the military
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate if applicable
- Current full-length (head to toe) photograph
- Copy of your South Carolina driver's license. (If you have held a driver's license in any other state within the past five years, a certified driving record for that state must also be submitted.)
- If you currently possess a Driver's License from another State, a current certified Driving Record for that State must be submitted.
Employment Links (Must Read Before You Apply)
- Benefits and Salary *NEW 2016*
- Employment Disqualifiers and Tattoo Policy
- Credit Standards and PAT Test Standards
- Out of State Applicants
- Residency Requirements
- Helpful Hiring Hints and Rejection Criteria
The South Carolina State Transport Police is currently accepting applications. Please read ALL instructions on this page carefully and apply at link below.
- Once you have read and agreed to the disqualifiers and residency requirements on the link above, click on link below: jobs.sc.gov
- The link will take you to the Jobs.SC.Gov website, click on “Job Search and Apply Here”, you will need to set up an account with a username and password.
- Once you have the account, do a search for "STATE TRANSPORT POLICE OFFICER" under Law Enforcement. Once you find the posting, click on the “Apply Here” and submit your application.
- Please fill out all information on application, and ensure you have a valid e-mail address included, all correspondence will be done through e-mail.
If you have additional questions concerning employment opportunities with the State Transport Police contact the employment office recruiter by phone at 803-896-5500.
The South Carolina State Transport Police is
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
South Carolina State Transport Police
Employment & Recruiting Unit
P.O. Box 1993, 10311 Wilson Blvd.
Blythewood, SC, 29016
South Carolina Department of Public Safety Law Enforcement Recruiting. Copyright © 2013