The South Carolina Highway Patrol is currently accepting applications. Please read ALL instructions on this page carefully before applying.
- Benefits and Salary *NEW*
- Employment Disqualifiers and Tattoo Policy
- Credit Standards
- PT Testing (PAT) **NEW**
- Out of State Applicants
- Residency Requirements
- Helpful Hiring Hints and Rejection Criteria
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION:
Once you have read and agreed to the disqualifiers and residency requirements in the links above:
- Click on “Job Search and Apply Here” (you will need to set up an account with a username and password)
- Once you have created your account, check "Law Enforcement" under Categories.
- Enter "State Trooper" in the Keywords field and click "Apply Search"
- Click the "State Trooper" listing and click "Apply" on the job description page
- Please fill out all information on the application, and ensure you have a valid e-mail address included, as all correspondence will be done through e-mail.
*An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety is an internationally accredited agency.
Copyright (c) 2013 The South Carolina Department of Public Safety. All rights reserved.
10311 Wilson Boulevard, Post Office Box 1993 Blythewood, SC 29016 | Contact SCDPS at WebMaster@scdps.gov